Individual Homemade Pizzas

Friday, June 11, 2010

Last night I was kind of wiped out from a long day, and just didn't feel like pulling too much together in terms of dinner.  I decided to make some individual homemade pizzas.  They're quick and easy, and when you make individual ones, everyone gets to customize them to their own taste, so they're a crowd-pleaser.

I started with some dough from a batch I had previously mixed up (a very basic flour, water and yeast recipe).  After I let it proof a little, I rolled out the individual crusts and pre-baked them in a 475 degree oven for 4 minutes each.



From there, I loaded up with sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, and some fresh oregano and fresh basil from my container garden.  Threw them back in the oven, with the temperature nudged back down to 450, for about 7-8 minutes each.


Sadly, there is no "baked" picture to share with you; the batteries in my digital camera died just as I was trying to take the final picture, and I just didn't feel like waiting for them to charge before I could eat!

Again, very simple meal, but good for those nights that you just don't have the time (or energy) to get to fancy or creative.

This weekend I plan to create a small baking storm; keep an eye out for the results :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Soup's On Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino